American Bison Art - Two Bison Double Trouble
- Regular price
- $ 99.99 USD
- Regular price
- Sale price
- $ 99.99 USD
- Unit price
This American Bison Art - Two Bison Double Trouble Canvas Print is a homage to every Bison that has secretly wished to dye the top of his/her hair green.
These bad boys/girls are at that 'rebellious' stage.
I am definitely picturing them as either siblings or best friends.
If I were a Bison and was forced to have the same hairdo as everyone else, then I too would probably decide to dye my hair a different shade.
This one is for anyone who has had a best friend or a sibling and done everything with them.
Including the dodgy stuff like dying your hair!
Only to end up with a totally different color!
This is for you.
Is that someone still in your life?
Friendships and Family experiences become harbors that your ship can always sail into.
5, 10, 20, even 50 years can pass and yet, get you both in a room together and those memories still emerge from your collective consciousness to once more take center stage.
Some things are forever.
It needn't be dying you hair.
The light of youth inevitably shines in varied and unexpected ways.
You carry those memories lightly in your chest.
Moments with others that when you slam your clenched fist against your beating heart you can still return to.
No matter how much time has passed.
Because they are the stuff of which you are made.
Sometimes the 'trouble' is the 'juice' of life you remember the most.
And often times, it is the shared moments we look back on most fondly.
Because sharing is the ultimate connector of lives.
The threads that bind us are like twisted spider silk that may seem delicate, but which withstand the strongest winds and the most furious storms.
There was a 'Wear Sunscreen' speech that did the rounds on the internet in August 1997 (and probably a lot more since). It was attributed to Kurt Vonnegut and described as a commencement address he had given to MIT that year. Only, he never said it...
It was actually a column on June 1st 1997 by Chicago Tribune columnist Mary Schmich, called “Advice, like youth, probably just wasted on the young.” (Go read it and then come back. It's epic)
One part of Mary's advice has always stuck with me:
"Understand that friends come and go, but with a precious few you should hold on. Work hard to bridge the gaps in geography and lifestyle, because the older you get, the more you need the people who knew you when you were young."
Anyway... the text on the canvas is:
Pretty self-explanatory :-)
When these two get together...
Perhaps the one you have 'held on to' might like this canvas?
Or have it on your wall, for you to remember that our hearts are the last bastions of our youth and that no-one who is young in their heart can ever truly be old.
- High Quality - Printed on high quality, artist grade stock
- Ready to Hang - Folded around a lightweight frame to give them a gorgeous, gallery ready appearance and ready to hang immediately. No need to spend a fortune having them framed! All our canvases come ready to hang as soon as they arrive at your door.
- Built to Last - Printed with acid free ink that will last without fading or chipping,
- UV Technology - Features a scratch-resistant UV coating.
- Easy to Clean - Wipes clean easily with a damp cloth or to remove dust, vacuum gently using a soft brush attachment.
- Stays Firm - Fabricated to stay taut and flat.
- Canvas Prints shipped from the US come with a hard sealed backing and hanging hardware for an effortless install.
- Canvas Prints shipped outside the US come with an open back and are ready to hang with a sawtooth hanger for an effortless install.
- So, you will have NO EXTRA CHARGES TO HAVE YOUR ART FRAMED! It comes ready to hang.
(See the pictures for examples of both)
- Thickness - The thickness of the canvas wrap frame on your print is 1.25 inches (so your art really stands out from whatever angle you look at it on your walls!)
- Canvas Love - We only use the finest artist-grade poly-cotton blend canvas to ensure lasting quality for your art.
- Ink and Printing Love - We use superior eight-pass pigment-based inkjet printing, which uses archival inks designed to hold up over time without fading. We care as much as you do about the quality of our prints.
- Frame Love - The wood in the frame and stretcher is constructed of 100% renewable wood.
- Packaging Love - We lovingly package our canvas prints to ensure that they arrive just the way we packed them.
- Local Production - We have local handcrafted production for the USA, UK, Canada, Australia and Mexico, so that your order will ship from within the same country as you order (ensuring both that we support local producers and that shipping times are reduced).
- Worldwide shipping - Orders to countries outside those five will ship from the USA.
- Made-to-Order Just for You! - All of our artwork is made-to-order. This means that we can offer works of art that you won't find anywhere else!