Death in a Banana Tree
- Regular price
- $ 99.99 USD
- Regular price
- Sale price
- $ 99.99 USD
- Unit price
This one is called 'Death in a Banana Tree'.
It is funny how you can start off with an idea for a work of art that is particularly bright and breezy (in this case all about the colour yellow), and yet end up with something all dark and boisterous!
I must admit that I haven't personally experienced too many deaths in banana trees.
(Though most of 2020, and 2021 so far, have been so 'weird' in general, that, let's face it, anything's possible! At any moment I half expect to see that head twisting moment from The Exorcist described on the news as a possible side-effect of virus type activity.)
Anyways, this one isn't quite as shocking as that. But, it does feature bananas, leaves and lots of sharp penetrating light (among other things).
It has an architectural quality which I will admit pleases me.
Abstract art is, by its nature, abstract. So, its not immediately going to lend a hand to having its meaning comfortably exorcised from it.
In the shadows of numerous bananas there is the invection of cutting light, which seems to pierce through and meld into a convergence of reds and yellows and blacks and a hint of green.
Forming shapes where none existed before, because all of us are but passing shadows and with every movement we pass from what was into what is and what could be.
I like to think that Chaos Theory is at play here. That Butterflies somewhere are flapping their wings and that we are all in thrall to the moments between the beating of that natural iridescence.
The light feels like it is cutting. Turning between beams that illuminate, and those that penetrate, cutting and knawing until there is only the maelstrom of the mind and what it means to be free in a changing world.
We are all of us on the road to death.
Yet, all the while spinning freedom threads like any spider might to try to cling on to a ledge in the sun, even if our threads will inevitably be blown away by the wind and rain as time takes them.
- High Quality - Printed on high quality, artist grade stock
- Ready to Hang - Folded around a lightweight frame to give them a gorgeous, gallery ready appearance and ready to hang immediately. No need to spend a fortune having them framed! All our canvases come ready to hang as soon as they arrive at your door.
- Built to Last - Printed with acid free ink that will last without fading or chipping,
- UV Technology - Features a scratch-resistant UV coating.
- Easy to Clean - Wipes clean easily with a damp cloth or to remove dust, vacuum gently using a soft brush attachment.
- Stays Firm - Fabricated to stay taut and flat.
- Canvas Prints shipped from the US come with a hard sealed backing and hanging hardware for an effortless install.
- Canvas Prints shipped outside the US come with an open back and are ready to hang with a sawtooth hanger for an effortless install.
- So, you will have NO EXTRA CHARGES TO HAVE YOUR ART FRAMED! It comes ready to hang.
(See the pictures for examples of both)
- Thickness - The thickness of the canvas wrap frame on your print is 1.25 inches (so your art really stands out from whatever angle you look at it on your walls!)
- Canvas Love - We only use the finest artist-grade poly-cotton blend canvas to ensure lasting quality for your art.
- Ink and Printing Love - We use superior eight-pass pigment-based inkjet printing, which uses archival inks designed to hold up over time without fading. We care as much as you do about the quality of our prints.
- Frame Love - The wood in the frame and stretcher is constructed of 100% renewable wood.
- Packaging Love - We lovingly package our canvas prints to ensure that they arrive just the way we packed them.
- Local Production - We have local handcrafted production for the USA, UK, Canada, Australia and Mexico, so that your order will ship from within the same country as you order (ensuring both that we support local producers and that shipping times are reduced).
- Worldwide shipping - Orders to countries outside those five will ship from the USA.
- Made-to-Order Just for You! - All of our artwork is made-to-order. This means that we can offer works of art that you won't find anywhere else!