Gone in a Storm of Dandelions
- Regular price
- $ 99.99 USD
- Regular price
- Sale price
- $ 99.99 USD
- Unit price
We are all waiting to become part of stars.
Sooner or later death will smile on us all, and whether we are eaten by worms, or feed the soil around a tree, we will cease to be.
That is the natural order of things.
What isn't so ordinary is the rate at which humans are bumping off all the other species we share this planet with!
In this "Gone in a Storm of Dandelions" wall art print, I reflect a little on that thought.
The picture features a whole herd of elephants drinking at a water hole.
- In the 1930s and 1940s there were an estimated 3 - 5 million African Elephants
- In 1979 that number had dropped to 1.3 million
- In 2021 that number is estimated to be 415,000
In the foreground you can see a Lion.
- In 1950 there were an estimated 500,000 Lions in Africa.
- In 1975 that number had fallen to 200,000
- Today that number is estimated to be between 20,000 and 30,000
In the picture there is a feeling that they are blurring away, somehow becoming a little indistinct.
Like a scene in a movie set in a bleak future where everywhere is surrounded by technology and concrete and buildings.
But no trees.
Picture a woman eating popcorn in a movie theatre.
She is watching a nature documentary of a recent-past where animals roamed freely, and there was an open-savannah of wildlife and life and vibrance.
Now gone, like blowing on the seeds of a dandelion.
The screen splutters and the image disappears.
All around us we blow easily on the dandelions of deforestation and animal extinction.
In the centre the Lions eyes still burn brightly.
The eyes are the windows to the soul and they are the last to close even when the storm rages.
Don't let them.
- High Quality - Printed on high quality, artist grade stock
- Ready to Hang - Folded around a lightweight frame to give them a gorgeous, gallery ready appearance and ready to hang immediately. No need to spend a fortune having them framed! All our canvases come ready to hang as soon as they arrive at your door.
- Built to Last - Printed with acid free ink that will last without fading or chipping,
- UV Technology - Features a scratch-resistant UV coating.
- Easy to Clean - Wipes clean easily with a damp cloth or to remove dust, vacuum gently using a soft brush attachment.
- Stays Firm - Fabricated to stay taut and flat.
- Canvas Prints shipped from the US come with a hard sealed backing and hanging hardware for an effortless install.
- Canvas Prints shipped outside the US come with an open back and are ready to hang with a sawtooth hanger for an effortless install.
- So, you will have NO EXTRA CHARGES TO HAVE YOUR ART FRAMED! It comes ready to hang.
(See the pictures for examples of both)
- Thickness - The thickness of the canvas wrap frame on your print is 1.25 inches (so your art really stands out from whatever angle you look at it on your walls!)
- Canvas Love - We only use the finest artist-grade poly-cotton blend canvas to ensure lasting quality for your art.
- Ink and Printing Love - We use superior eight-pass pigment-based inkjet printing, which uses archival inks designed to hold up over time without fading. We care as much as you do about the quality of our prints.
- Frame Love - The wood in the frame and stretcher is constructed of 100% renewable wood.
- Packaging Love - We lovingly package our canvas prints to ensure that they arrive just the way we packed them.
- Local Production - We have local handcrafted production for the USA, UK, Canada, Australia and Mexico, so that your order will ship from within the same country as you order (ensuring both that we support local producers and that shipping times are reduced).
- Worldwide shipping - Orders to countries outside those five will ship from the USA.
- Made-to-Order Just for You! - All of our artwork is made-to-order. This means that we can offer works of art that you won't find anywhere else!