Love Piano Love Art
- Regular price
- $ 99.99 USD
- Regular price
- Sale price
- $ 99.99 USD
- Unit price
In this 'Love Piano Love Art Canvas Wall Art Print' I celebrate my love for both the piano and art :-)
This one is for everyone who loves to play the piano (or listen to it) and draws/paints/practices art of any kind.
The piano really is a magnificent instrument. Musically it covers a vast range, as well as having the benefit of hundreds of years of genius composers, from Beethoven to Mozart and everything in between, creating some of the most memorable music to ever grace your ears.
I'm actually trying to learn at the moment (though unfortunately NOT on the Grand Piano in the artwork! :-( But I do have a lovely digital piano that does its absolute best to lift me up.
(Time is a salve that cures all ills, and I am hopeful that through the twin magic of time and practice I may end up sounding rather less like a cat scratching at a tree.
I live in hope!)
In any case, one of the great beauties about music is that the end goal of being able to play a piece with soul and feeling and passion is only one part of the equation.
The other is enjoying the journey.
(There is a great book called 'The War of Art' by Steven Pressfield where he talks about the battles that creatives face every day to get themselves to do the work.
Go buy it! He's my cousin! Just kidding. He isn't my cousin. It is a great book though).
There are ALWAYS other things we could be doing.
It is all too easy to kill entire days with fluff and realise that your entire artistic output for the day consisted of the random advice you gave a stranger on Facebook about electric toothbrush heads.
Anyway... Enough fluff! Let me tell you about the art.
Well, the main focus in the picture is the Grand Piano (complete with my signature as 'Makers Mark' above middle C :-))
Grand Pianos are doubly interesting, because as well as being fantastic sources of music, they are also architectural objects.
And sexy ones at that!
When you walk into a music room that has a traditional Grand Piano in it, then you cannot help but be impressed by its lascivious curves, the beautiful smooth black polished ebony finish and the arch of its lid (and who can ever resist peering inside at the strings to see the heart of the beast!)
So, you can see our beauty here in all its glory.
But surrounding it and running through it is all the psychedelic colorful brilliance that is the light and shade and transcendence that is piano music.
It is all the colors of the rainbow.
It moves and lilts and turns. It finds its own voice.
It is the light lyricism of a blue sky as you gently caress the keys in parts of Beethoven's Fur Elise, or the darker mournful colours of Gymnopédie No. 1 by Erik Satie.
Piano music can be sad, or it can be rampant. It can be the darkest black or the richest yellow.
Art is the same.
Art and Music then are easy bedfellows.
Just as physics caresses mathematics (and vice versa). Art and Music are lovers who know each other well.
They are like an in-tune married couple who communicate not with words, but with a glance, because intuitive knowledge is an ocean that we can all dive into.
Look closely and you can see paintbrushes coming up and through the picture.
Perhaps it is the art that is painting the music? Or perhaps the music is painting the art?
Either way it is a symbiosis of sorts.
On the top of the piano is a metronome with the word 'LOVE' swinging from side to side (as they do), and flowers in the shape of a heart to the left; because when we open our hearts to a bigger 'US' that plays music, paints, draws, creates, then we are dipping into a vast and endless ocean of possibilities that widens us.
Anyway, this would look lovely above your piano! (Or in your music room)
Flow with your eyes into endless seas of color even as your hands glide effortlessly over the keys.
(Or rather less effortlessly and with grimaced, but well-meaning intent if you are learning like me!)
Know someone that is a pianist that likes art? (You maybe?)
This is the perfect present.
- High Quality - Printed on high quality, artist grade stock
- Ready to Hang - Folded around a lightweight frame to give them a gorgeous, gallery ready appearance and ready to hang immediately. No need to spend a fortune having them framed! All our canvases come ready to hang as soon as they arrive at your door.
- Built to Last - Printed with acid free ink that will last without fading or chipping,
- UV Technology - Features a scratch-resistant UV coating.
- Easy to Clean - Wipes clean easily with a damp cloth or to remove dust, vacuum gently using a soft brush attachment.
- Stays Firm - Fabricated to stay taut and flat.
- Canvas Prints shipped from the US come with a hard sealed backing and hanging hardware for an effortless install.
- Canvas Prints shipped outside the US come with an open back and are ready to hang with a sawtooth hanger for an effortless install.
- So, you will have NO EXTRA CHARGES TO HAVE YOUR ART FRAMED! It comes ready to hang.
(See the pictures for examples of both)
- Thickness - The thickness of the canvas wrap frame on your print is 1.25 inches (so your art really stands out from whatever angle you look at it on your walls!)
- Canvas Love - We only use the finest artist-grade poly-cotton blend canvas to ensure lasting quality for your art.
- Ink and Printing Love - We use superior eight-pass pigment-based inkjet printing, which uses archival inks designed to hold up over time without fading. We care as much as you do about the quality of our prints.
- Frame Love - The wood in the frame and stretcher is constructed of 100% renewable wood.
- Packaging Love - We lovingly package our canvas prints to ensure that they arrive just the way we packed them.
- Local Production - We have local handcrafted production for the USA, UK, Canada, Australia and Mexico, so that your order will ship from within the same country as you order (ensuring both that we support local producers and that shipping times are reduced).
- Worldwide shipping - Orders to countries outside those five will ship from the USA.
- Made-to-Order Just for You! - All of our artwork is made-to-order. This means that we can offer works of art that you won't find anywhere else!