Philosophical Mole Comments on Social Media
- Regular price
- $ 99.99 USD
- Regular price
- Sale price
- $ 99.99 USD
- Unit price
Enjoy this 'Philosophical Mole Comments on Social Media' wall art print by Stuart Brown at Piccy.com.
You gotta luv 'em.
Such deep, deep, deep creatures.
In this one our friend is asking the very reasonable question:
WHERE ARE THE WORMS?
Hmm. Where are they people?
Here are Ten Facts about Worms for your Delight and Delectation:
1/ The largest earthworm ever found was in South Africa and measured 22 feet from its nose to the tip of its tail.
2/ The Australian Gippsland Earthworm grows to 12 feet long and can weigh 1-1/2 pounds.
(Note - I don't expect that our mole was looking for either of these, as both are rather large, and even with dodgy eyesight, I am suspecting he/she would have spotted them).
3/ Worms are hermaphrodites. Each worm has both male and female organs. Worms mate by joining their clitella (swollen area near the head of a mature worm) and exchanging sperm. Then each worm forms an egg capsule in its clitellum.
4/ There are approximately 2,700 different kinds of earthworms.
5/ Worms tunnel deeply in the soil and bring subsoil closer to the surface mixing it with the topsoil. Slime, a secretion of earthworms, contains nitrogen. Nitrogen is an important nutrient for plants. The sticky slime helps to hold clusters of soil particles together in formations called aggregates.
6/ They may feel slimy to the touch, but they are actually covered in tiny, hair-like bristles called setae. Each one of the body segments, called annuli, use their setae to help the worm move through the dirt. Without these bristles, earthworms would find it much more difficult to burrow underground.
7/ Earth worms use their skin to breath and do not have lungs.
8/ One acre of land can contain around 1 million worms.
(Note - Err... Hello... Where are you then?)
9/ Worms have the ability to eat their own weight in a day.
(Note - Probably better to stick to Ben & Jerrys in my humble opinion. But that is just me.)
10/ If a worm becomes dehydrated and its skin dries out it will die.
(Note - No!!! Water those worms).
Worms and Moles.
Like Strawberry's and Cream (only less tasty).
In the background are climbers climbing mountains (I think. I can't really see very well. Oh no! Hold on. That is the moles! I am becoming a mole! Nice.)
- High Quality - Printed on high quality, artist grade stock
- Ready to Hang - Folded around a lightweight frame to give them a gorgeous, gallery ready appearance and ready to hang immediately. No need to spend a fortune having them framed! All our canvases come ready to hang as soon as they arrive at your door.
- Built to Last - Printed with acid free ink that will last without fading or chipping,
- UV Technology - Features a scratch-resistant UV coating.
- Easy to Clean - Wipes clean easily with a damp cloth or to remove dust, vacuum gently using a soft brush attachment.
- Stays Firm - Fabricated to stay taut and flat.
- Canvas Prints shipped from the US come with a hard sealed backing and hanging hardware for an effortless install.
- Canvas Prints shipped outside the US come with an open back and are ready to hang with a sawtooth hanger for an effortless install.
- So, you will have NO EXTRA CHARGES TO HAVE YOUR ART FRAMED! It comes ready to hang.
(See the pictures for examples of both)
- Thickness - The thickness of the canvas wrap frame on your print is 1.25 inches (so your art really stands out from whatever angle you look at it on your walls!)
- Canvas Love - We only use the finest artist-grade poly-cotton blend canvas to ensure lasting quality for your art.
- Ink and Printing Love - We use superior eight-pass pigment-based inkjet printing, which uses archival inks designed to hold up over time without fading. We care as much as you do about the quality of our prints.
- Frame Love - The wood in the frame and stretcher is constructed of 100% renewable wood.
- Packaging Love - We lovingly package our canvas prints to ensure that they arrive just the way we packed them.
- Local Production - We have local handcrafted production for the USA, UK, Canada, Australia and Mexico, so that your order will ship from within the same country as you order (ensuring both that we support local producers and that shipping times are reduced).
- Worldwide shipping - Orders to countries outside those five will ship from the USA.
- Made-to-Order Just for You! - All of our artwork is made-to-order. This means that we can offer works of art that you won't find anywhere else!