Red Chinese Dragon in a Pink Sea of Swirls
- Regular price
- $ 99.99 USD
- Regular price
- Sale price
- $ 99.99 USD
- Unit price
This 'Red Chinese Dragon in a Pink Sea of Swirls Canvas Print' is one that you can enjoy on many levels.
If you hone in on some of the detail then you can see all kinds of chinese symbols, including swirls, fans and birds.
One of the interesting things about the art of ancient chinese dragons is quite how much meaning was often attributed to different styles and designs.
This is particularly evident actually in the clothes that were worn (though the art clearly reflected this as well).
As one example, consider the court dress code of the Ming Dynasty in China (which was from 1368 to 1644 AD).
At court all of the clothing was ranked, such that you could only wear clothes of certain colors and symbols if you were deemed to be of a certain rank within the court.
At the top of the totem pole was the Chinese Emperor. Only Royals could wear Dragon robes, though honored officials could be granted the privilege of wearing 'python' robes which resembled Dragons, only with four claws instead of five.
(If you look closely at this artwork you can see that it depicts a Dragon, as it has five claws, not four. Though, date wise, th).
Their were 18 ranks below the Emperor at court. They doubled up images, as there were two 'grades' for each rank, so that one was senior, and one was junior, so there were nine animals that were worn.
Here is the order from most important officials to least, in terms of the symbolic animals that they were allowed to wear on their clothing (note there are two lists, because the animals were different depending on whether you were a 'Civilian' Official or in the 'Military'.
Civilian 'Animals' in order of importance from 'Most to Least'
- Red-crowned crane
- Golden pheasant
- Wild goose
- Silver pheasant
- Mandarin Duck
Military 'Animals' in order of importance from 'Most to Least'
- Lion (clearly everyone at Chinese court wanted to be a 'Lion', because the top four military ranks, not just the top two, wore Lions)
- Panther (again covered 4 ranks)
- A horse in the sea (note - NOT a seahorse)
So, it is interesting to start looking out for the animals in Chinese Art and Design Decor, and realise that where you see a 'Bear'; someone at Chinese court in 1600 would have seen the 'Grand Secretary of the Cabinet' walking towards them!
- High Quality - Printed on high quality, artist grade stock
- Ready to Hang - Folded around a lightweight frame to give them a gorgeous, gallery ready appearance and ready to hang immediately. No need to spend a fortune having them framed! All our canvases come ready to hang as soon as they arrive at your door.
- Built to Last - Printed with acid free ink that will last without fading or chipping,
- UV Technology - Features a scratch-resistant UV coating.
- Easy to Clean - Wipes clean easily with a damp cloth or to remove dust, vacuum gently using a soft brush attachment.
- Stays Firm - Fabricated to stay taut and flat.
- Canvas Prints shipped from the US come with a hard sealed backing and hanging hardware for an effortless install.
- Canvas Prints shipped outside the US come with an open back and are ready to hang with a sawtooth hanger for an effortless install.
- So, you will have NO EXTRA CHARGES TO HAVE YOUR ART FRAMED! It comes ready to hang.
(See the pictures for examples of both)
- Thickness - The thickness of the canvas wrap frame on your print is 1.25 inches (so your art really stands out from whatever angle you look at it on your walls!)
- Canvas Love - We only use the finest artist-grade poly-cotton blend canvas to ensure lasting quality for your art.
- Ink and Printing Love - We use superior eight-pass pigment-based inkjet printing, which uses archival inks designed to hold up over time without fading. We care as much as you do about the quality of our prints.
- Frame Love - The wood in the frame and stretcher is constructed of 100% renewable wood.
- Packaging Love - We lovingly package our canvas prints to ensure that they arrive just the way we packed them.
- Local Production - We have local handcrafted production for the USA, UK, Canada, Australia and Mexico, so that your order will ship from within the same country as you order (ensuring both that we support local producers and that shipping times are reduced).
- Worldwide shipping - Orders to countries outside those five will ship from the USA.
- Made-to-Order Just for You! - All of our artwork is made-to-order. This means that we can offer works of art that you won't find anywhere else!