Tentacle Art - Red Watercolor Octopus Art
- Regular price
- $ 99.99 USD
- Regular price
- Sale price
- $ 99.99 USD
- Unit price
This 'Tentacle Art - Red Watercolor Octopus Art Canvas Print' is a kind of artistic love-letter to our eight-limbed friends.
In it you can see a whole array of his limbs spread out in various different ways, as we get to enjoy his body as a form of artwork.
There are around 300 species of Octopuses, including ones like the one in this piece that are a very striking red color.
There is an amazing amount of variety and detail in something as simple as a tentacle, and it lends itself perfectly to the medium of watercolor art. It is not only the color that is striking, but also the angles that the limbs are able to make when they contort and twist, as well as the interesting shadows and shading detail that this produces as a result.
One of the interesting things about the skin of an octopus is that it is now thought that in addition to being able to change color and texture (often as a signaling mechanism), that it also contains pigment proteins, which are usually found in the eyes, and so there is every reason to believe that the process is not simply one way. In other words, that as well as being able to transmit light, that it's very possible that they can also process it through their skin.
I like to think that our red friend is therefore looking at us with those tentacles!
(Imagine if each one of those suckers were an eye!)
Another amazing ability of octopuses is that they are able to regrow limbs that have been severed. One of the interesting things about this is that, in true super-hero fashion, these aren't some sub-standard replacements, they are in every sense 'new' replacements.
Humans are only just catching up to the idea of stem-cells, but Octopuses got their way before us, and naturally, without any interventions. In the laboratory, for example, it has been found that when a limb is severed (pretty horrible, and I don't condone it, but that is what was tested). That a massive amount of stem cells and blood vessels were naturally deployed to the area, and that within 130 days they had regrown a tentacle that was indistinguishable from the original.
(Some species of starfish are even more amazing. They can grow an entire new starfish, just from a portion of a severed arm. Frankenstein would be proud!)
The suction cups are also kinda cool (they are actually called 'suckers'). You can see them positioned all along each tentacle, and they are able to move in any direction, and stretch out to over twice their normal length when called upon to do so. They are also amazingly sensitive, and in addition to allowing the octopus to grip onto things, they can literally move an item along them.
They also have blue blood and three hearts!
- High Quality - Printed on high quality, artist grade stock
- Ready to Hang - Folded around a lightweight frame to give them a gorgeous, gallery ready appearance and ready to hang immediately. No need to spend a fortune having them framed! All our canvases come ready to hang as soon as they arrive at your door.
- Built to Last - Printed with acid free ink that will last without fading or chipping,
- UV Technology - Features a scratch-resistant UV coating.
- Easy to Clean - Wipes clean easily with a damp cloth or to remove dust, vacuum gently using a soft brush attachment.
- Stays Firm - Fabricated to stay taut and flat.
- Canvas Prints shipped from the US come with a hard sealed backing and hanging hardware for an effortless install.
- Canvas Prints shipped outside the US come with an open back and are ready to hang with a sawtooth hanger for an effortless install.
- So, you will have NO EXTRA CHARGES TO HAVE YOUR ART FRAMED! It comes ready to hang.
(See the pictures for examples of both)
- Thickness - The thickness of the canvas wrap frame on your print is 1.25 inches (so your art really stands out from whatever angle you look at it on your walls!)
- Canvas Love - We only use the finest artist-grade poly-cotton blend canvas to ensure lasting quality for your art.
- Ink and Printing Love - We use superior eight-pass pigment-based inkjet printing, which uses archival inks designed to hold up over time without fading. We care as much as you do about the quality of our prints.
- Frame Love - The wood in the frame and stretcher is constructed of 100% renewable wood.
- Packaging Love - We lovingly package our canvas prints to ensure that they arrive just the way we packed them.
- Local Production - We have local handcrafted production for the USA, UK, Canada, Australia and Mexico, so that your order will ship from within the same country as you order (ensuring both that we support local producers and that shipping times are reduced).
- Worldwide shipping - Orders to countries outside those five will ship from the USA.
- Made-to-Order Just for You! - All of our artwork is made-to-order. This means that we can offer works of art that you won't find anywhere else!