Two Pink and Orange Westies ALMOST Touching Noses on a British Flag
- Regular price
- $ 99.99 USD
- Regular price
- Sale price
- $ 99.99 USD
- Unit price
This "Two Pink and Orange Westies ALMOST Touching Noses on a British Flag" wall art print is my unlikely homage to Michelangelo.
i.e. He of Sistine Chapel Ceiling 'Dudes almost touching fingers' fame.
(Actually, it's not really 'dudes' as such, it is actually God giving life to Adam, the first dude. Oh. Ok. It is about dudes then?)
Anyway, I got to thinking about it.
Now, Michelangelo was a man of his time, and he was painting on the ceiling of the Vatican. So, far dues that it has to be all very 'lofty', feature God, be uplifting etc.
However, I reckon that Michelangelo would probably have sooner painted his dog.
Here is a factoid you may not know...
It is said that Michelangelo owned a Pomeranian, and the dog would sit on a satin pillow while he watched him paint the Sistine Chapel.
Go look it up if you don't believe me.
I wish I had made that up.
Seriously, I do.
(That would prove that I hadn't totally wasted my time at 'Make up Stuff that can't possibly be true, but actually is' class at school.)
But weirdly, it's actually true.
So, these 'almost nose touching Westies' (West Highland White Terriers for those not in the know) are what I reckon he probably would have painted (assuming he had fallen out with his Pomeranian, and decided to forgo a God scene on his Vatican ceiling painting - admittedly, unlikely).
The 'special one' who modelled for this particular artwork is called George, and he is indeed a handsome beastie. He is also British. So he thought (oh..ok... I thought) it would be nice to feature it on a British Flag.
All very uplifting.
Westies. The world needs more of them.
P.S. Would look very nice on your walls.
- High Quality - Printed on high quality, artist grade stock
- Ready to Hang - Folded around a lightweight frame to give them a gorgeous, gallery ready appearance and ready to hang immediately. No need to spend a fortune having them framed! All our canvases come ready to hang as soon as they arrive at your door.
- Built to Last - Printed with acid free ink that will last without fading or chipping,
- UV Technology - Features a scratch-resistant UV coating.
- Easy to Clean - Wipes clean easily with a damp cloth or to remove dust, vacuum gently using a soft brush attachment.
- Stays Firm - Fabricated to stay taut and flat.
- Canvas Prints shipped from the US come with a hard sealed backing and hanging hardware for an effortless install.
- Canvas Prints shipped outside the US come with an open back and are ready to hang with a sawtooth hanger for an effortless install.
- So, you will have NO EXTRA CHARGES TO HAVE YOUR ART FRAMED! It comes ready to hang.
(See the pictures for examples of both)
- Thickness - The thickness of the canvas wrap frame on your print is 1.25 inches (so your art really stands out from whatever angle you look at it on your walls!)
- Canvas Love - We only use the finest artist-grade poly-cotton blend canvas to ensure lasting quality for your art.
- Ink and Printing Love - We use superior eight-pass pigment-based inkjet printing, which uses archival inks designed to hold up over time without fading. We care as much as you do about the quality of our prints.
- Frame Love - The wood in the frame and stretcher is constructed of 100% renewable wood.
- Packaging Love - We lovingly package our canvas prints to ensure that they arrive just the way we packed them.
- Local Production - We have local handcrafted production for the USA, UK, Canada, Australia and Mexico, so that your order will ship from within the same country as you order (ensuring both that we support local producers and that shipping times are reduced).
- Worldwide shipping - Orders to countries outside those five will ship from the USA.
- Made-to-Order Just for You! - All of our artwork is made-to-order. This means that we can offer works of art that you won't find anywhere else!