American Flag Art - I Love Myself Uncle Sam Recruitment Canvas Print
- Regular price
- $ 99.99 USD
- Regular price
- Sale price
- $ 99.99 USD
- Unit price
In this 'American Flag Art - I Love Myself Uncle Sam Recruitment Canvas Print' you get to enjoy a classic piece of American advertising history with a whole new loving twist!
This piece of art is based on the famous 1917 poster by J.M Flagg, which was used to recruit U.S. soldiers for both World War 1 and World War II.
The idea of 'adapting' the design, was not new, even to Flagg, who adapted it from a 1914 'Lord Kitchener Wants You' design by Alfred Leete, replacing Kitchener pointing his finger with Uncle Sam.
(You can find my 'adaptation' of that one linked to below :-) )
Flagg actually used a modified version of his own face for the Uncle Sam depiction, with veteran Walter Botts providing the pointing gesture for Flagg to draw.
I am now 'adapting' it again to spread the important message that you need to actively recruit yourself into loving yourself!
The words on the canvas are:
I LOVE MYSELF
I've set it on a background of an American flag (suitably aged to look like it's over 100 years old!), so that the flag can wrap right around the sides of this canvas wrap canvas, and create a visual spectacle from every angle.
I've added in some flowers at the top, because I thought they looked pretty, and that Uncle Sam shoulders looked a bit bare without them!
This canvas will be a talking point in any room and remind you on a daily basis of a positive message that all of us need to believe.
Great to get in a pair with the Lord Kitchener Canvas!
- High Quality - Printed on high quality, artist grade stock
- Ready to Hang - Folded around a lightweight frame to give them a gorgeous, gallery ready appearance and ready to hang immediately. No need to spend a fortune having them framed! All our canvases come ready to hang as soon as they arrive at your door.
- Built to Last - Printed with acid free ink that will last without fading or chipping,
- UV Technology - Features a scratch-resistant UV coating.
- Easy to Clean - Wipes clean easily with a damp cloth or to remove dust, vacuum gently using a soft brush attachment.
- Stays Firm - Fabricated to stay taut and flat.
- Canvas Prints shipped from the US come with a hard sealed backing and hanging hardware for an effortless install.
- Canvas Prints shipped outside the US come with an open back and are ready to hang with a sawtooth hanger for an effortless install.
- So, you will have NO EXTRA CHARGES TO HAVE YOUR ART FRAMED! It comes ready to hang.
(See the pictures for examples of both)
- Thickness - The thickness of the canvas wrap frame on your print is 1.25 inches (so your art really stands out from whatever angle you look at it on your walls!)
- Canvas Love - We only use the finest artist-grade poly-cotton blend canvas to ensure lasting quality for your art.
- Ink and Printing Love - We use superior eight-pass pigment-based inkjet printing, which uses archival inks designed to hold up over time without fading. We care as much as you do about the quality of our prints.
- Frame Love - The wood in the frame and stretcher is constructed of 100% renewable wood.
- Packaging Love - We lovingly package our canvas prints to ensure that they arrive just the way we packed them.
- Local Production - We have local handcrafted production for the USA, UK, Canada, Australia and Mexico, so that your order will ship from within the same country as you order (ensuring both that we support local producers and that shipping times are reduced).
- Worldwide shipping - Orders to countries outside those five will ship from the USA.
- Made-to-Order Just for You! - All of our artwork is made-to-order. This means that we can offer works of art that you won't find anywhere else!