Dragon King - Six Chinese Dragons on a Cloudy Blue Sky
- Regular price
- $ 99.99 USD
- Regular price
- Sale price
- $ 99.99 USD
- Unit price
This 'Dragon King - Six Chinese Dragons on a Cloudy Blue Sky Canvas Print' is one that you can enjoy on many levels.
First, there is the exquisite detail... You will see something new every time you look at it! (And enjoy looking at the different nuances of artistic presentation with each Dragon)
Secondly, it is a fantastic journey into ancient Chinese mysticism and the art of the Dragon!
Thirdly, it is simply great to look at! With it's effortless combination of colors it can be a match for virtually any room (and with the beautiful blue sky background you'll feel calm whenever you set eyes on it!)
Take a look at the mockup images on this page and imagine for yourself how it will look on your walls, admire the detail, and wonder as six Dragons look straight at you.
In this one you can see Six Chinese Dragons in circles (presented with different colors) on a blue sky background.
This is particularly appropriate for Dragons of any sort, because much of the mythology that surrounds them has them strongly associated with control over the weather.
One of the primary ways that this is shown in Chinese art particularly is with Dragons seeming to merge in and out of the sky, and also through having control over water sources, such as rivers and oceans on the ground, but also through control over the rain.
In the mythology surrounding them the Dragon God was portrayed as both the yang generative power and the dispenser of rain. In this form he tended to take on a more anthropomorphic form, and there was one Dragon King for each of what were known as the 'four seas'.
North Sea - (sometimes seen as Lake Baikal, which is a rift lake located in Southern Siberia, Russia; and which is the largest freshwater lake by volume in the world, containing 22-23% of the world's fresh surface water.)
South Sea - (corresponding to the South China Sea - This is a marginal sea that is part of the Pacific Ocean, encompassing an area from the Karimata and Malacca straits to the Strait of Taiwan of around 3,500,000 square kilometres (1,400,000 sq mi). In modern times the sea carries tremendous strategic importance; one-third of the world's shipping passes through it, carrying over $3 trillion in trade each year.)
East Sea - (corresponding to the East China Sea - This is a marginal sea of the Western Pacific Ocean, located directly east of East China (hence the name), covering an area of roughly 1,249,000 square kilometers (482,000 sq mi).
West Sea - (sometimes seen as the Qinghai Lake and beyond - this is the largest lake in China. Located in an endorheic basin in Qinghai Province, to which it gave its name, Qinghai Lake is classified as an alkaline salt lake. The lake has fluctuated in size, shrinking over much of the 20th century but increasing since 2004. It had a surface area of 4,317 km2 (1,667 sq mi), an average depth of 21 m (69 ft), and a maximum depth of 25.5 m (84 ft) in 2008.
Anyway, this piece of art also taps into that idea of a multiplicity of dragons!
Why have one Dragon King when you could have six!?
You can see six picture here (which are identical in form, but which have different colors). There is very much the feeling of Pop Art and Andy Warhol about this piece.
So that while Dragons and the culture of China have been around for many thousands of years, this really does bring a modern twist to the party!
Why wake up to boring art on your walls? When you could be greeted every day by Six Chinese Dragons!
- High Quality - Printed on high quality, artist grade stock
- Ready to Hang - Folded around a lightweight frame to give them a gorgeous, gallery ready appearance and ready to hang immediately. No need to spend a fortune having them framed! All our canvases come ready to hang as soon as they arrive at your door.
- Built to Last - Printed with acid free ink that will last without fading or chipping,
- UV Technology - Features a scratch-resistant UV coating.
- Easy to Clean - Wipes clean easily with a damp cloth or to remove dust, vacuum gently using a soft brush attachment.
- Stays Firm - Fabricated to stay taut and flat.
- Canvas Prints shipped from the US come with a hard sealed backing and hanging hardware for an effortless install.
- Canvas Prints shipped outside the US come with an open back and are ready to hang with a sawtooth hanger for an effortless install.
- So, you will have NO EXTRA CHARGES TO HAVE YOUR ART FRAMED! It comes ready to hang.
(See the pictures for examples of both)
- Thickness - The thickness of the canvas wrap frame on your print is 1.25 inches (so your art really stands out from whatever angle you look at it on your walls!)
- Canvas Love - We only use the finest artist-grade poly-cotton blend canvas to ensure lasting quality for your art.
- Ink and Printing Love - We use superior eight-pass pigment-based inkjet printing, which uses archival inks designed to hold up over time without fading. We care as much as you do about the quality of our prints.
- Frame Love - The wood in the frame and stretcher is constructed of 100% renewable wood.
- Packaging Love - We lovingly package our canvas prints to ensure that they arrive just the way we packed them.
- Local Production - We have local handcrafted production for the USA, UK, Canada, Australia and Mexico, so that your order will ship from within the same country as you order (ensuring both that we support local producers and that shipping times are reduced).
- Worldwide shipping - Orders to countries outside those five will ship from the USA.
- Made-to-Order Just for You! - All of our artwork is made-to-order. This means that we can offer works of art that you won't find anywhere else!